Your lower chakras hold the key to fear, insecurity, unexpressed emotions and lack of personal power tied to your physical reality as you have learned so far in this series. They are also where programming from our childhood is stored. Often we are unaware of the memories, issues, and perceptions that are unconsciously locked away in our chakras and their corresponding body parts. There is so much information to aid you in making choices from a place of clarity and freedom rather programming and conditioning when you tap into the wisdom of your body.
Many people who are aspiring to heighten their spiritual side will focus their attention on their brow and crown chakras, ignoring the others. They seem to be in the clouds or lacking a connection to the physical world. In order to be balanced and truly connected to your higher realm, it is equally important to be grounded and balanced in your lower chakras. Remember the energy flows up, so blocked energy from below only allows so much energy above. Also, you need the boundaries and limitation of the physical world to manifest the unlimited possibilities and ideas generated from your higher chakras.
So far in this series, the following chakras have been explained:
The physical location of your brow chakra is between and above the eyes and its associated body parts are eyes, brain, pituitary and pineal glands, lymphatic and endocrine systems, and sinuses. The basic issues of your brow chakra are intellect, perception, wisdom, insight, clarity, clairvoyance, imagination, dreams, ideas, reasoning, connection to the higher self and telepathy.
The brow chakra combines the clearly focused left-brain, which computes and analyzes with an open right brain, which is where our intuitive, artistic and psychic gifts reside. Concentrating on this center teaches you discernment and wisdom, where you can focus on your inner state of awareness and the outer world at the same time. It helps you to see clearly what is important for your own well-being and happiness, giving you a sense of perspective and insight.
Ask yourself these questions to see if you have any stuck energy in your throat chakra.
1. Do you use your imagination and your mind to create your life?
2. What do you do that takes most of your energy?
3. What do you do that feeds your energy?
4. Are you doing things that you love and enjoy? If not, what stops you?
5. Do you take time each day to breathe, quiet your mind, look within, ask questions, connect to source and your inner guidance?
6. Can you accumulate knowledge AND allow yourself to be open to what you still need to learn?
7. Can you trust when something that you hear, see, or learn feels right and like truth to you?
8. Can you allow yourself to have razor sharp focus at times an also be relaxed and unfocused at other times?
9. Can you appreciate rational and logical thought from the brain’s left hemisphere AND acknowledge the gifts of the non-rational and non-linear of the right hemisphere?
10. Are your thought processes rigid, obsessive, and ruminating or do you have flexibility in your thinking?
11. How do you apply your moral beliefs to yourself and others – Do you tend to be repressed and overly conscientious judging yourself and others to rigid standards or do you allow yourself in some cases, to be more liberal, risk-taking and uninhibited?
Last in our series is the crown chakra – your connection to source and wisdom from above.